RECIPE | 14.5.17 | SAN CHOY BOW
- 500 g mince (pork or chicken)
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can of water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of each soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Approximately 2 cm of fresh ginger, grated
- Neutral oil for frying
- Iceberg lettuce leaves (“cups”)
- Carrots, julienned or grated
- Mung beans
- Capsicum, finely sliced
- Cucumber, finely sliced
- Vermicelli or brown rice
- Fresh coriander and mint leaves, torn
- Crushed peanuts
- Fried shallots (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Lime wedges
Mix pork, mushrooms, water chestnuts (if using) with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chili, mirin (if using), fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger then set aside.
Prepare the rice or vermicelli as per directions.
Heat the oil in the pan and cook onion until softened. Add the pork mixture, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and continue to cook until the meat is done and the liquid has become “sticky”. Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
Serve with chopped vegetables, lettuce cups, rice/vermicelli, crushed peanuts, fresh herbs (coriander and/or mint), fried shallots and lime wedges.