- 4 fillets of salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 2 fresh limes (or 1/4 cup lime juice), cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp chili flakes (or 1 fresh chili, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and cook the rice in water as per the directions on the packet.
- Cut five squares of tinfoil.
- Divide the cooked rice into five portions and lay bed of rice and garlic in each tinfoil parcel.
- Place salmon on top of the rice then pour over ~ ¼ cup coconut milk and top with a pinch of chili, some coriander, salt and pepper and a wedge of lime (or drizzle of lime juice).
- Drizzle with a little sesame oil before sealing the tinfoil parcel.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or a salad.
Tip: To make this a quick and easy dinner cook the rice ahead of time or use leftover rice. Just make sure if you are pre-cooking the rice that it is cooled quickly and stored in the fridge so that it is safe for eating. For those that are really time poor you can use “ready rice” to speed up the prep time.