- 750 g rolled oats
- 1 cup hulled buckwheat
- 1 cup raw nuts (i use almonds and cashews most of the time)
- 1 cup of seeds (i use pumpkin, sunflower and chia)
- 1/2 cup coconut (I prefer thread or chips)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Rind of 1 orange, finely grated
- 1/4 cup honey, runny
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (lightly flavoured olive oil, rice bran or canola)
- Juice of 2-3 oranges
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the oats, buckwheat, nuts, seeds, rind and spices in a large bowl.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the oats and buckwheat.
- Spread the mixture out into thin layers on lined baking trays (i usually use 2-3 trays) and bake until golden (~15 minutes). You may have to batch cook if you have a small oven or do not enough trays.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Mix in the coconut and store in an airtight container or jar.
- Serve with some delicious seasonal fruit and greek yoghurt.
Makes ~25 serves (~1/2 cup)