- 4 cups of salad greens (my preference is spinach and/or rocket)
- 200 g haloumi, chopped into strips or cubes
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of mint, torn
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Dressing: 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Extra olive oil for cooking
- Prepare the quinoa as per instructions and allow to cool.
- Make up the dressing by shaking all of the ingredients together in a jar.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over moderate heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes then set aside. Next add the haloumi and cook for a minute of two on each side until crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- Toss the rocket (and spinach if using) in a bowl with 1/2 of the dressing then spread onto a large platter. Next scatter over the cooked quinoa, asparagus and tomatoes. Then lay the slices of haloumi on top and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and toasted walnuts (if using). Finish it off by drizzling over the remainder of the dressing.
This salad is a great option for a summer BBQ or potluck. We alsoo have it as a quick and easy dinner option too.