- 1 – 1.2 kg of fresh salmon fillets or a whole side of salmon
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup of almonds (or slivered almonds if you do not have a good food processor)
- 1/2 cup of wholegrain bread crumbs *for gluten free use gluten free bread or replace with more almonds or pistachios
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons: zest of 1 lemon, finely grated and 1 cut into wedge
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse a few times to break up.
- In a bowl combine cranberries, almonds, bread crumbs, parsley, and lemon and orange zest together. Stir in 1/2 of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Reserve some cranberries and parsley for garnish.
- Pat the salmon dry and remove remaining bones. Lay the salmon fillets out on the prepared tray with the skin-side-down. Spread the crust mixture evenly over of the fillets, pressing it down gently to help it stick. Drizzle over the rest of the olive oil.
- Bake for about 15-29 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through and crust is golden. Note: if cooking a whole side of salmon allow 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the leftover cranberries and parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges, new potatoes and a summer salad.
- For a bit more crunch add a small amount of grated Parmesan cheese to the crust mixture
- The almonds can be swapped out for pistachios or walnuts depending on preference
- To make nut free replace the almonds with more wholegrain bread crumbs