- 1 kg of new potatoes
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated or minced
- Salt and pepper to season and a little for cooking
Scrub but do not peel the potatoes, place in a pot, cover with lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently until just tender when pierced with a knife, ~10-15 minutes. Just before they are cooked through turn the heat off and leave them to finish cooking in the hot water. When ready to serve, drain the potatoes and toss in a serving bowl with olive oil, parsley, lemon zest and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves 4-6 as a side
- It is key to simmer new potatoes simmer gently till they are almost done, then turn them off and leave them to finish cooking in the hot water. This prevents them from splitting and makes then nice and waxy.
- If you have leftovers roast them in the oven or throw them on the BBQ the next day for a crispy potato side.