Spicy cauliflower and chickpeas
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 125 g haloumi (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to season
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced *if using canned drain juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 small corn tortillas (or wholegrain flour tortillas)
- Unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1 batch of Guacamole
- Other salad vegetables thinly sliced e.g. carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, lettuce / baby spinach, corn drizzled in lime juice
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Extra coriander leaves
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees,
Make the guacamole as per instructions here and combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Next combine the cumin, coriander, chili, paprika and garlic. Rub the spice mix into the cauliflower and chickpeas (and haloumi if using) and lay out on an oven tray. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until crispy. Place the tortillas in the oven for the last few minutes to warm.
To serve lay the chickpea mixture, salad vegetables, lime wedges, tortillas, small bowl of natural yoghurt, guacamole and salsa on a large wooden board on the table for everyone to build their own tacos.
Its a messy one but great fun… Enjoy!